Batter for Crepes:
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 C milk
- 3 tbls butter, melted
- 2 tbls sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- butter for the pan
- 1 C cottage cheese
- 1 C cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C powedered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
On the Side:
- Sour Cream
- Strawberry Preserves
- Powdered Sugar
Ingredient Notes: For the filling, it says soft farmers cheese or softened cream cheese. For the strawberries, I chopped them into quarters and put them in a pan on low heat with a little sugar and a tiny bit of water (TINY bit, just to help the strawberries). The natural juices will come out when they get warm.
- Combine all ingredients for the crepes (except butter) into a large bowl and blend until smooth. Batter will be very thin. Let batter rest for an hour (a recommendation)
- Combine all ingredients for the filling and mix by hand.
- Pre-heat a 10" frying pan over medium heat. Add about 1/2 tsp of butter when the pan is hot
- After the butter has melted, pour 1/2 cup of crepe batter into the pan. Swirl the pan so the batter coats the entire bottom of the pan. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until the crepe is golden brown on the bottom.
- Use a spatula to lift the edge of the crepe. Quickly flip the crepe over, and cook for another 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, then slide it out of the pan.
- Repeat steps 3-5 with the rest of the batter, stacking the crepes to keep them warm.
- Heat the cheese filling in the microwave until it is hot (I might do this in a pan because I don't like the way the microwave makes things taste sometimes...)
- When ready to fill the crepes, place them on a plate and pour 2-3 tbls of filling across the center of a crepe. Fold the sides in and turn the crepe over onto its seam.
- Serve 2-3 blintzes on a plate with some sour cream, strawberry preserves, and powdered sugar on top.
EDIT: I think the next time I make this I will add 1/2 C to 1 C ricotta cheese...I feel like it's missing, and would make the dish a little less sweet and yields a little more filling. It tasted great! Just not exactly like IHOP :D
Made February 26, 2013 (for dinner!). Will eat while watching The Lost World (Jurassic Park) in sweat pants.